Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fiction: Untitled Story (Take 2)

Indee

My perspective of reality seems to be distorted lately. I think it always has been but now it's just very obvious. I think I've over stayed my visit in the metaphysical world. But what if my metaphysical interpretation of reality isn't divided from everyone else's reality? If it makes me happy, isn't it good for me? It's dangerous trying to translate virtual moments into reality because somehow it isn't meant to be exposed. It is kind of incredible in a way how both divided worlds collide sometimes, it's a beautiful thing to be a part of.

She ran through the a deep dark forest where the plants grew wild and the city folk believe that once you enter, you'll never find your way out. The idea may fear a lonely huntsman but for him and her, it was the most desired situation. The two, clueless of eachothers' desires, a curious idea and challenge to enter the unknown, were not concerned of the consequences.

He thrusted back branches and leaves to follow her through the thicket, all was dark and the forest was filled with a cornucopia of nature's sounds and exotic scents. She struggled to rummage through vines only to trip on an old oak's root. Zachariah caught her back before she could touch ground and they locked eyes for a short moment before he let her stand. When they made their way through the vines they reached a breathtaking clearing; a lagoon. The surface of the water was coated with lilypads and waterlilies; nature's natural decorations. She hesitantly walked towards the weeping willows and he followed her into nature's canopy. Dusk was approaching and soon the darkness would fall on them.

"Isn't this amazing?" he broke the silence.
She gazed at the scene before her and sighed, "it's beautiful."
They both sat with their backs rested against an old, hollow log. He looked to her and to his surprise she spoke out again.
"You know, it may be easy for you...but I can't forget what happened between us."
"I didn't."
"But you wish you could." She pulled her legs to her chest.
"And why would you think that? I don't want to forget about that night." He frowned, furrowed his brows trying to figure out the source of these thoughts.
"To me, I guess I just thought given the circumstances that you would want to keep our night of intimacy as a one time thing. So are you telling me you honestly like me?" she looked to him now.
He moved closer to her now. "Why would I be dishonest to someone who is so important to me? Of course I meant it."
"I guess after five nights you can't really call it a one time thing anyways, right?" they both laughed and gazed into eachother's eyes. He pulled her in gently, to rest her head on his chest.
He built them a fire and they remained close together, intently listening to one another's thoughts. Then he held her close and began to caress her sweetly. They stood there cheek to cheek, basking in their own little world. They began to kiss, contrasting her sweet kiss with his passionate urgency. He moved his hands to her waist and she flinched with a giggle as he apologized. She nuzzled his cheek and he firmly forced her hips away from him.
"What are you thinking about?" she said sweetly. He was looking down and she became concerned.
"What's on your mind? Tell me."
He breathed deeply and looked her straight in the eye as he said, "I think I might be falling in love with you."
Her body froze, this was all she ever wanted; all she needed. He face twisted with overwhelmed joy and nearly broke into tears. She didn't know what to say but to curl her fingers in the hair at the back of his head and give him the most passionate, love-filled kiss she had never been able to imagine. 

No comments: