Sunday, December 26, 2010

This little piggy went to Best Buy, this little piggy went to Holt, this little piggy bought Uggs, this little piggy went senile.

If being my own person is lame, I'll still do it. They lie to themselves every day when they copy every thing they see in magazines, tv shows, celebrities and richs. You live in Toronto and okay maybe you have two working parents but do you think it is considerate to always put yourself first? When I see the same plastered smiles on the faces that I see in the halls at school I wonder, "have you ever cleaned a dish in your life? Do you ever help out?" Once again, I'm overanalystic. To be honest I don't care what they do. I do care when I'm expected to be the same as everyone else. No matter how strong you try to be or how strong you try to convince yourself to be, you'll still feel the pressure. This generation, I don't know why exactly but, they can't cope with diversity. Frowning at those who wear dark clothes and don't wear cover-up, claiming that people who don't buy the same expensive clothes and material items are "too poor" to get these things. It's a kind of mature thing called choice. I encourage that boys: man up and be your own genuine self. Wear plaid with pink pants or the red hat your grandmother knitted for you when you were twelve. Girls: stop the insecurity, if you have to cover yourself with make-up and expensive clothing how will you ever feel validated by others for who you truly are? You could say, it's their own fault for judging me by what a wear or what I buy but, it doesn't end there. They also expect you to act the same way and go to the same places, they expect that you have abandoned your values aswell and you should prefer getting to know how many drinks it takes to get your girlfriends drunk as opposed to getting to know their personalities.
We all have flaws; flaws are great, amazing. However, this specific topic i've mentioned is not a flaw, it is a way of life. Culture is changing for the worst. Just...keep...going...with...the...flow. Time doesn't heal everything, you losers! At best, you're making the corporate people happy.

DON'T WORRY, WE CAN ALL SLEEP AT NIGHT JUST FINE. As long as you've got your blackberry or iphone under your pillow and your ipad fully charged.

BTW--I DO enjoy knew gadgets, don't get the wrong impression.

No comments: