Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tell Myself Stories

I like to hide in my books. I let myself be completely enveloped by every word I read and lived my life through these fictional characters. Maybe some day I hope I can be them...that maybe I'll wake up to a sunlit room, look in the mirror and see someone else. That someone would make me smile, be sure and confident. THat person would fly through life and intrigue everyone and everyone would want to be my friend or go out with me. But that isn't exactly how it works, I realize. So...what's so bad about living a double life? The half of you is in a fictional world you either create or read off of the thin pages of a ridiculously romantic story. Maybe if I keep the sentiment going and keep believing in it...maybe on day I'll have my own intricate lifestyle. In the grand scheme of things we all have great stories if you see your life as a whole. No, I don't think I'll be alone and depressed. I'll probably still be an analyst but i'll be my own character with my own hidden story. My only wish is that it will be memorable, maybe that I too would be remembered.

No comments: