Monday, August 29, 2011

Two Poems...if you can call them poems?

Complexly Practical

Carry me further into the forest this time, so i won't come. i won't return at the sound of your whistle. No i won't be seen again.
Carry me away so that I am lost, can't and won't be found.
It's so dark now, that's just what it should be till the light sheds on me and warmth makes me shiver.
This sweetness is scary, so cold to the touch. I don't want to know it, i hate you so much.
You took away dreams in a day, in a night. The deal was closed with your getaway flight.
I'm not sane, i know. Nor am I crazy.
I may be out of my mind, but i'm at least in yours.
Chores, you began to pile up in my mind like dirty laundry
and my spine became rubber with every sting.
You were the bee, not anymore..
Ha-ha, because I can only hurt myself now
With my words and my glare...
As I used to stare at myself in a mirror.
Now I look at my reflection only from the still water in a river.
It plays tricks; tells me i'm well, i'm changed.
Silly, the horns have not left sight nor have I loosened my fists
since my last fight.
There's no reason to, no sign of surrender.
You don't understand, i'm sensitive...
remember?
Oh, sweet dear. I have lost my marbles
but thank God, I never thought they exist---ed.
Slow--ing my speech now. you're out of re---ach now.
I think, i'm becoming blind.
Or maybe i've always been.
And everything in my life has been perceived
like I'm in a dream.
And we're all lucid.

Fate Games

It carries us all, it carries us all
and fools us often
Then we fall

It plants choices, in silver shells
we turn one over
we hear the bells
sweet sound, bad reminder
wrong decisions looking kinder

taking steps down a path
once a year do the math
don't count your days altogether
death tickles, like a feather
with sugar coating

No comments: